The main question is “Do you think about Earth Day every day?”
Let’s have some key points suggesting ways that both you and your company can make a difference– not just on April 22 but on all 365 days of the year.
But first, what are you doing for #EarthDay2021?
Why do we need to restore our earth?
Our universal abuse of natural resources has thrown nature into imbalance, leading to the onset of extinction. About 500 animals have become extinct in the last 100 years.
Humans will follow because a circle of life has been broken, one that we all depend on for survival. Each species contributes to the circle’s wellbeing in its own way. Restoring our planet would aid in reestablishing the necessary balance for survival.
There is hope. But we need to act now. We can begin by addressing two very critical areas – our forests and our soils.
Forests provide us with clean drinking water and air. Deforestation has harmed natural habitats, biodiversity, and the environment, and has been accelerated by human activities. Not only does carbon absorption stop when forests are cut down, but the carbon contained in the trees is released into the atmosphere as CO2 if the wood is burned or left to decay during the deforestation process.
We need to make people aware of how deforestation is destroying our natural world order and try restoring our forests.
Having a checklist handy helps turn ideas into daily habits!
It can be difficult to consider global environmental challenges that are completely beyond our control, but small actions add up when everyone takes them together. When behavioral changes become second nature, they become the accepted standard.
By evaluating few things, the massive list of earth-friendly things you can do is much simpler and easier to remember.
How you use water
- Use reusable water bottles (eliminate plastic water bottle waste)
- Use less hot water showering and doing laundry
- Take shorter showers instead of baths
How you get from A to B
- Drive less (work from home or carpool)
- Be gentle on your brakes (more efficient use of gas)
- Drive slower (save gas)
- Take public transportation
- Ride your bike
- Make sure your tires are inflated (can increase mileage by more than 3 percent)
- Make sure your car is running efficiently
How you reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Compost (it also makes great natural fertilizer!)
- Recycle items instead of disposing of in the trash
- Use reusable products instead of disposables
What your energy use habits are
- Use LED light bulbs (they last 10 times longer and use two-thirds less energy)
- Make sure your appliances are energy-efficient and up to date
- Make your home more energy-efficient (you can lose a lot of heat and air conditioning through your windows and improper use of your vents)
Plan from today and follow the checklist and analyse what you can do to take care of our planet.